Nissan Qashqai – the world’s first crossover and an Autobritannia.net firm favourite turns 10 this year in 2017 and the company along with its dealers plan to celebrate with style.
It is exactly 10 years since the Nissan Qashqai crossover first went on sale, and the brand is planning to celebrate in style. Customer events and media activities will be taking place across Europe to mark the occasion.
Nissan is the first brand to reach the 10-year milestone for one simple reason – the Qashqai is the model which pioneered the crossover segment as the automotive industry and car-buying consumers know it today.
Ahead of the official start of the anniversary celebrations, Nissan has released a short video which traces the car’s decade in the spotlight.
See the video by CLICKING HERE
About Nissan in the UK:
- Nissan Sunderland Plant produces the Nissan Qashqai, Note and Juke and the 100% electric Nissan LEAF
- Production of lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles began in 2012
- Total plant volume since 1986 stands at more than eight million units with 80 per cent of production exported to 100 markets worldwide
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.6 billion
- 476,589 units were produced at Sunderland plant in 2015
- In 2015, one in three cars built in the UK was a Nissan.
- Sunderland Plant currently employs more than 6,700 people
- Nissan’s European Design Centre is located in Paddington, London and employs around 65 people
- Nissan’s European Technical Centre is based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire and employs around 1,000 people
- Nissan’s sales and marketing headquarters in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire employs around 220 people
Fell upon the site when googling about Qashqai variants. Love the style of writing – well done Mike & James
On my third Qq now. Each ones been an absolute pleasure. Top marks to my dealer too (Motorline Group)
Long may the car serve Nissan well.
Sam from Gatwick
Oh you mean ‘little Jimmy Godwin’, oh he hasn’t been heard of for quite some time, indeed many believe he has done a ‘captain Oates’.
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday nissy Quashqui happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray.hip hip horray.