New Jaguar F-TYPE gains turbocharged four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine
- A true Jaguar sports car and a true F-TYPE, with its own unique character
- New 300PS 2.0-litre is the most powerful four-cylinder ever in a production Jaguar
- New F-TYPE four-cylinder goes on sale from spring 2017, priced from £49,900 (market dependent)
- Acceleration from 0-60mph takes just 5.4 seconds, maximum speed 155mph
- Fuel consumption reduction of more than 16 per cent compared to the 340PS V6, and with CO2 emissions of just 163g/km
- Weight reduction of 52kg and bespoke chassis tuning delivers even greater agility
- Maximum torque of 400Nm together with 8-speed Quickshift transmission delivers excellent response throughout the rev range
- Intake and exhaust meticulously tuned to deliver renowned F-TYPE sound
- Enhanced suite of driver assistance systems including Autonomous Emergency Braking, Traffic Sign Recognition, Adaptive Speed Limiter and Lane Keep Assist
Jaguar is broadening the appeal of the new F-TYPE with the introduction of the state-of-the-art four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine. The award winning F-TYPE family now spans from the entry-level four-cylinder model to Jaguar’s 200mph all-weather supercar – the F-TYPE SVR.
The pairing of Jaguar’s all-aluminium two-seat sports car with the advanced 300PS 2.0-litre turbocharged powerplant delivers Jaguar sports car DNA with enhanced agility and improved efficiency and affordability. This is a true F-TYPE, with its own unique character.
The new model retains the performance expected from the F-TYPE, and can accelerate from 0-60mph in only 5.4 seconds and achieve a top speed of 155mph. The turbocharged engine’s high maximum torque of 400Nm, generated from just 1,500rpm, together with the eight-speed Quickshift transmission, delivers exceptional response throughout the rev range.
Not only is the 300PS Ingenium engine the most powerful four-cylinder unit ever offered in a production Jaguar, it also generates the highest specific power output of any engine in the F-TYPE range: 150PS per litre. It also makes this the most efficient F-TYPE in the range, with a 16 per cent improvement in fuel economy over the 340PS V6, together with CO2 emissions of just 163g/km on the European combined cycle.
“Introducing our advanced four-cylinder engine to F-TYPE has created a vehicle with its own distinct character. Performance from an engine of this size is remarkable and is balanced with improved fuel efficiency and affordability, making the F-TYPE experience more accessible than ever before.”
Ian Hoban, Vehicle Line Director, Jaguar F-TYPE